Skip to content

WISEdata Data Collection - Systems/Software

12 results found

1. Mass Add Tags

AASD loves the ability to apply department tags to errors and warnings! One person monitors the entire database and each department just filters the tags to narrow the list to just those they need to look at. It would be nice if we had the ability to mass assign tags. I was thinking maybe a way to check boxes next to specific errors/warnings (or select all) and then an option pops up as to which tag to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alphabetize School filter on School Roster Details tab

When you go to the School Roster Details tab and click the Schools filter box, could the results in the box be alphabetized? It looks like it currently shows in the order the school was uploaded and it would be easier to find schools alphabetically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hide Vendors/Credentials from the pipeline status page that are no longer active

Either hide or indicate in a highly obvious way that a Vendor Subscription / Credential is no longer in use (Based on the Credential Time Frame Settings) on the Pipeline status page. The school staff is confused/concerned that WISEdata is connected to the wrong Sis during the transition phase from one vendor to the next. Believe it or not it also actually increases confusion about which SIS to be operating in for a particular year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Demographic Assessment

I would like to see a collection called: Demographic Assessment under the Data Quality Indicators and Exports so we know exactly what data is being collected and what our counts are for that collection - similar to other snapshot collections.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Individual WISEdata Student Validation

It would sure be awesome if we could run WISEdata validations per individual student. As we approach snapshot dates, it's difficult to know, in a timely manner, if a change I make to a student in our SIS actually has an effect on the WISEdata or not. Waiting for a whole District validation seems unnecessary.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  John Raub responded

Let us know if there is still a desire for this feature. One of the issues is we still have to pull across all the data submitted from the SIS prior to validation. This could include other LEAs and therefore the queue line for validations exist. We did cut down on the number of validation jobs in a cycle by only triggering a single year of validations when you Queue Validation from the Validation Message page (it used to do all active years).

6. Indicate field causing error

It would be great to have the name of the specific field that is causing the error in addition to the error description. So, if we go into WISE, click on the error, click on details, if the field was starred or a different color, or SOME way of indicating what the issue is. The general error descriptions are too broad to be of help in some situations. Thanks!

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great concept. Not sure how we would execute, but I see the need for it. We’ll think about some options from a tech standpoint. Thanks.

7. WISEdata Portal - Security by School

Create security for WISEdata similar to all other DPI applications, where rights can be assigned to a user for a specific school, not only district wide.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Drill into Data Metrics for student names (similar to WISEdash)

It would be helpful to be able to drill into the actual graph data, similar to the WISEdash portal, to see the students pulling for specific areas - rather than having to export the file and sort/filter data every time we need to verify our numbers.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Name of students awaiting validation

List the student name(s) that are pending data validation changes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error requrest

Is there a way that an error can be posted if a student is being reported in Special Programs in our SIS but not counting for Oct 1st in the wisedata portal? For instance we had a student that has a special program but when we check the child count export from the wiseportal the student is not reporting and states SWOD. We think this has something to do with our dates, but yet we have no error and would not have know about this student unless we double checked SIS export to Wiseprotal export.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me know if you think a new L2 would still be useful. This could be based on primary enrollment spanning Oct 1 and the presence of an SSEPA SPED record spanning that same period and Child Count for Oct 1 = false. It could be false for a variety of reasons but those are clear within the Student Detail.

11. Ideas from Madison

From Madison:

1. DPI program ignores enrollment start dates and end dates that are in the future. Just don't add them to the wise data system
    2. Ethnicity changes between districts all the time. Have that be a warning not an error.
    3. Need to be able to delete enrollments that are an error or something. Once they are deleted from IC, some are not delete in the DPI site. I have a lot

4. Getting this error:
      Credential type is not expected when the exit type does not equal HSC, High School Completion. For Private Schools, the studentAcademicRecord should be submitted only for…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Btton to confirm "validation" request

Add a required button to confirm "queue validation" requests. I just clicked on the "Queue validation" tab by mistake and was unable to undo my request for a validation.

I don't want my mistakes to slow down other district requests for validations to run because my "mistaken" request for validation is taking up valuable space in the queue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me know if this is still of concern. We haven’t had this reported by other users, but it could be an issue. Thanks! John.

• Don't see your idea?

WISEdata Data Collection - Systems/Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base