WISEid

Please share your ideas and suggestions to DPI on how the WISEid system should work.
Caution: This is a public forum. Do not include any student identifiable information. Inappropriate content will be removed.

I suggest the WISEid system...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Last Enrollment Information History

In Last Enrollment Information, it was helpful to have the movement of the student all the years in school? Right now you can only see the Last Enrollment Information. It helps me as a Registrar, especially when the parents don't tell you all the schools the students have attended and trying to get records. It helps at the High School level with suspicious expulsions as well. The movements tell you things and seeing them is helpful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Screens/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have had this for about a year. To see in WISEid you must also be set up in WISEdata Collections Portal with access. If you have then the enrollments are visible in the Search Results and Match Review if you expand the details for a person there is a section Enrollments that shows last 2 enrollments for that person.

2. File Layouts on Google+

I am assuming the file layouts posted last week are for the export files from our HR system. Can you also post on the website the file layout for the result file of WISEids we will be able to download?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  File Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error Help

It would be helpful to know what data fields are missing when getting this error message upon uploading a file to WISEid: Unexpected Data in File Detected. Please Verify that the File Has Complete Rows of Data Before Attempting to Re-Submit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Thanks!

I am not sure who this should go to - so please route. I think that the report submission went so much better this year! When everything is 100% the way it should be, it will be very easy to use. I also liked being able to print out the report for my files. Thank you for the hard work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Screens/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link to Google Community

It is probably on here somewhere but could you add a link to the WI DPI WISEdata discussion community on Google? Maybe under the help tab? I had trouble finding it this afternoon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Instead of requiring birth city, make it optional.

Birth certificates do not always give the city of birth. Many birth certificates only list county. Requiring this information means creating additional records be kept because the annotated birth certificate should be what is on the birth certificate, not what you verbally ask a parent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  DPI Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WISE Id creations

New principal to Wisconsin. Would someone give me step by step instructions for creating Wise Ids for new students in my building please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Please check the WISEid Help page on the DPI web site. Here you will find a user guide, quick start guides and videos explaining the WISEid process. Simply click the Help icon in the green tool bar at the top of the WISEid application, or visit this link: https://dpi.wi.gov/wisedata/help/wiseid. In addition, the 12 CESA’s will be holding WISEdata trainings soon that will cover this and other topics. To view the calendar of WISE-related events click here— https://dpi.wi.gov/wisedata/events/upcoming.

Thank you!

8. WISEid Quick Reference Guide

In the WISEid Quick Reference, it shows this URL: https://uaapps.dpi.wi.gov/secure/

Can you put the current URL in that documentation? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Differentiate Contacts - Student/Staff

For WISEid "Contacts" we should probably be able to select a Primary/Secondary and Generics for each area... Student/Staff. Right now, there is no way to determine what group a contact works with. If not fixed, this will be very confusing when trying to reach someone. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Screens/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jeffery Post responded

In today’s release of WISEid (9/22/16) you now have the ability to mark contacts for Student records, staff records or both.

10. Need help - Updating Social Security Number (SSN)

My staff person says their ssn is incorrect. It was ****and it should be ****. Can you help me with this?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Match Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jeffery Post responded

The WISEid for staff eliminates the need for DPI to use Social Security Numbers for staff reporting. No correction or edit will be required.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base