How can we improve Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction?

Student transfers out of state and back withdrawal codes

Allow school districts to keep the correct withdrawal code (TOS) in their SIS for students that move out of state and return back to WI during the school year. By having to switch the TOS to a TC, our SIS data does not truly reflect the student's movement.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kristi ArenzKristi Arenz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joan KellnerJoan Kellner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this. I realize the time frame is sometimes short that a person leaves for, but we still should be able to put in accurate information that the student did move out of state, and did return from out of state.

• Jennifer Blake-KruegerJennifer Blake-Krueger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Error 6478 - Exit type 'Transfer to another school covered by WISEdata; known to be continuing'. We have a student who left our school and enrolled in Home School with a HOMER application on 10/13/16. On 02/13/17 the student Open Enrolled to a Virtual School. In our SIS we used an Exit code to transfer to Home School (TNC). Changing our Exit code to a TC is not accurate. Please review this Error in light of potentially being a Warning.

Feedback and Knowledge Base