Skip to content

WISEid

Please share your ideas and suggestions to DPI on how the WISEid system should work.
Caution: This is a public forum. Do not include any student identifiable information. Inappropriate content will be removed.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8 results found

1. Spaces in last name

WISEid student change request should not be generated when the difference is just spaces or hyphens in the name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Do not deny Parent Name Change Requests

When a parent informs us of a name change, while sometimes documentation is provided, we do not require it, in order to update our SIS. We do however, take the necessary steps to ensure that a name is not duplicated, incorrect, or wrong. I can see the need for the match-review process with students (and legal documentation), but the denial/appeal process with a parent name seems redundant.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Name Change for Case Only

Can you eliminate name change requests when the only difference is a change in case? We're asked to approve a difference between an "old value" of SMITH and a "new value" of Smith. Unless case is important, it would be nice not to see those!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Name Changes in WISE Staff

When a staff member changes their last name, it would be nice to have an easy way to change it in WISE Staff.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Entity # Duplicates

Suggestion from Oshkosh Area School District: In addition to the Report Duplicates for WiseId's we hope to have a Report Duplicates for Entity #'s - we had 2 cases recently that had the wrong number & could not fix or report the errors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Match Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. need instructions on page

Next steps. I think that we need more directions or information under each category. Example. I have uploaded my csv file. Then, I went to results and downloaded the new/comment filled csv file back from the State. I tried to clean things up and resubmit. I am now down to zero errors, but 4 potential match issues that I need help with. Instructions would help. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need help - Updating Social Security Number (SSN)

My staff person says their ssn is incorrect. It was *and it should be *. Can you help me with this?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Jeffery Post responded

The WISEid for staff eliminates the need for DPI to use Social Security Numbers for staff reporting. No correction or edit will be required.

8. Once a WISEid generated it should never be invalid

Districts should not need to delete or update a WISEid that is merged with other records. Both IDs should remain valid so that school staff are no longer concerned with getting lists of WISEids to change from DPI.

This would not eliminate all manual updates as splitting an improperly matched WISEid would still require at least one district to update its records. However the localrowkey could be used to assist in those scenarios.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t require you to update the deactivated WISEid in the WISEid system. If you search by it or attempt to update it you will get the active WiSEid to make changes. However, WISEdata Collections system does require you to update the WISEid if the person is in the current year’s collections. In WISEid we recommend at least updating current students and staff to the latest update and have reports to find these. However, its not a requirement for the WISEid system to function.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base